Sunday, March 8, 2009

Low-Carb Dairy-Free

The other night, I forgot that the green sauce at a favorite Mexican restaurant has sour cream in it and ate some. Later that evening, I had nausea and stabbing pains in my stomach :(. I really cannot tolerate any form of dairy, can't digest the proteins.

Sharron Long has a cookbook that is candida-friendly, which means no dairy, and it is very low in carbohydrates, emphasizing almonds, soy protein and other great ingredients, lots of veggies. It is called Low carb cooking and Sharron's place: Sugar free recipes featuring SteviaPlus, and I find it a great resource for my VERY restricted diet.

2 comments:

J.N. said...

Stabbing pains. wow, I have been pondering food allergies lately. wheat seems to give me some trouble. I'm sure dairy may be difficult too. My symptom is water weight in my legs and feet. Remember Nana and her ankles...well, er, hummm that's me too. I'm tempted to take a water weight reducer pill instead of doing dietary detective work. poop. frick!
the short fix may just be too good to be true.
When I eat a slice of pizza I can feel my feet swell almost instantly and then my knees hurt. Why is the brain so slow to monitor the mouth? Yea right, blame it on the brain.
I just can't seem to get control of that wild horse.

Enjah Mysterio said...

I truly understand. My hands, feet and lower legs swell when I eat certain foods ...